Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
Following Vladimir Putin’s recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk the two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine as independent, Russian forces have been ordered into Eastern Ukraine.
The move has been condemned by the Western leaders.
House Foreign Affairs Committee Lead Republican Michael McCaul (R-TX) and House Armed Services Committee Lead Republican Mike Rogers (R-AL) have released the following statement.
“With reports that Putin is now sending troops into the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk under the guise of ‘peacekeepers,’ now is not the time for symbolic pinpricks that will serve only to embolden Putin and endanger our friends in Ukraine,” they said. “Now is the time for President Biden to impose sanctions that strike at the heart of the Russian economy, and permanently end Nord Stream 2 once and for all, as he promised the world he would do.”
According to the Biden administration, there are already close to 190,000 Russian troops along the Ukrainian border.
The Pavlovic Today has been told that the phone call between UK Prime Minster Boris Johnson and Zelenskyy has ended, and the UK will be sending more defense support to Ukraine.
“The decrees by President Putin ordering a so-called peacekeeping mission into the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics is another outright aggression against Ukraine, a violation of its territorial integrity and sovereignty,” said Josep Borrell. “The UNSecurity Council should convene ASAP”
President Biden, PM Boris Johnson issued a response and announced a significant package of sanctions that will be announced as soon as tomorrow.
Tomorrow at 6.30 am GMT, PM Boris Johnson will hold a COBRA meeting to address the situation in Ukraine.
“The Prime Minister will chair a COBRA at 6:30 am tomorrow morning to discuss the latest developments in Ukraine and to coordinate the UK response, including agreeing a significant package of sanctions to be introduced immediately,” said No.10 Spokesperson.
- Biden’s schedule for October 7, 2022 is outEDT11:05 AM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews11:25 AM President Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Hagerstown, Maryland 12:05 PM President Biden arrives in Hagerstown, Maryland12:35 PM President […]
- Biden Predicts Nuclear Armageddon, Says Putin Is “Not” JokingIn the house of James Murdoch tonight, son of Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of News Corp, Biden offered a grim picture of nuclear Armageddon if Putin acts on his threats. “First time […]
- Democrats Poised To “Pick Up A Couple Of Seats” In Senate, Biden Tells DNC DonorsBiden’s motorcade arrived at the New Jersey home of Gov. Phil Murphy for a DNC fundraiser at 4:15 pm. 15 donors were seated on plush couches around the family room. Following the […]
- Biden Is Traveling Today To Poughkeepsie And New JerseyPresident Joe Biden is traveling today to Poughkeepsie, New York and New Jersey. He is scheduled to depart for JBA around 9:50 am. Biden will visit IBM’s Poughkeepsie, New York […]
- Biden’s schedule for October 6, 2022 is outEDT10:00 AM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews10:20 AM Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Poughkeepsie, New York11:40 AM President Biden arrives in Poughkeepsie, New York 1:20 […]