Following Vladimir Putin’s recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk the two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine as independent, Russian forces have been ordered into Eastern Ukraine.
The move has been condemned by the Western leaders.
House Foreign Affairs Committee Lead Republican Michael McCaul (R-TX) and House Armed Services Committee Lead Republican Mike Rogers (R-AL) have released the following statement.
“With reports that Putin is now sending troops into the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk under the guise of ‘peacekeepers,’ now is not the time for symbolic pinpricks that will serve only to embolden Putin and endanger our friends in Ukraine,” they said. “Now is the time for President Biden to impose sanctions that strike at the heart of the Russian economy, and permanently end Nord Stream 2 once and for all, as he promised the world he would do.”
According to the Biden administration, there are already close to 190,000 Russian troops along the Ukrainian border.
The Pavlovic Today has been told that the phone call between UK Prime Minster Boris Johnson and Zelenskyy has ended, and the UK will be sending more defense support to Ukraine.
“The decrees by President Putin ordering a so-called peacekeeping mission into the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics is another outright aggression against Ukraine, a violation of its territorial integrity and sovereignty,” said Josep Borrell. “The UNSecurity Council should convene ASAP”
President Biden, PM Boris Johnson issued a response and announced a significant package of sanctions that will be announced as soon as tomorrow.
Tomorrow at 6.30 am GMT, PM Boris Johnson will hold a COBRA meeting to address the situation in Ukraine.
“The Prime Minister will chair a COBRA at 6:30 am tomorrow morning to discuss the latest developments in Ukraine and to coordinate the UK response, including agreeing a significant package of sanctions to be introduced immediately,” said No.10 Spokesperson.
- President Biden’s Agenda Unveiled: A Look At November 30, 2023 ScheduleEDT10:00 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing2:30 PM President Biden hosts a bilateral meeting with President João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço of the Republic of Angola 6:00 PM President… Read more: President Biden’s Agenda Unveiled: A Look At November 30, 2023 Schedule
- President Biden Labels Rep. Lauren Boebert As “Extreme” MAGA Leader. Boebert Fires BackStepping onto the stage in Pueblo, Colorado, President Biden addressed the audience, emphasizing his administration’s pivotal role in facilitating the relocation of jobs for businesses like CS Wind, a turbine… Read more: President Biden Labels Rep. Lauren Boebert As “Extreme” MAGA Leader. Boebert Fires Back
- Wheels Up: President Biden’s Wednesday Visit To Colorado’s CS WindPresident Joe Biden is scheduled to visit CS Wind in Pueblo, Colorado, today, marking a significant visit to the largest wind tower manufacturer globally. During his visit, the President is… Read more: Wheels Up: President Biden’s Wednesday Visit To Colorado’s CS Wind
- Explore President Joe Biden’s Agenda: Full Schedule For November 29, 2023 Unveiled!MST 10:00 AM President Joe Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing 11:10 AM President Joe Biden departs Denver, Colorado en route to Pueblo, Colorado 11:55 AM President Joe Biden arrives… Read more: Explore President Joe Biden’s Agenda: Full Schedule For November 29, 2023 Unveiled!
- A Dazzling Display Of Magic, Wonder And Joy This Christmas At The White HouseIn a spectacle that unfolded like a scene from a festive fairy tale, the White House transformed into a winter wonderland as First Lady Jill Biden unveiled this year’s Christmas… Read more: A Dazzling Display Of Magic, Wonder And Joy This Christmas At The White House