Senator Rick Scott’s candidacy for Senate Minority Leader is “another reminder that congressional Republicans want to gut Medicare,” according to the White House.
Senator Scott is challenging Mitch McConnell for Senate Republican Leader.
“I understand that I won’t gain the support of every member of our Conference, but we all have a clear choice to make. If you simply want to stick with the status quo, don’t vote for me,” Senator Scott made his case for the Senate Republican Leadership.
In his candidacy letter, released on Wednesday, Senator Scott doubled down on Democrats. He said that the Republicans cannot “simply continue to say the Democrats are radical, which they are,” but that “Republican voters expect and deserve to know our plan to promote and advance conservative values.”
What is Senator Scott running on?
1. I will always remember you elected me, and I will work with each of you to accomplish your goals.
2. I will work tirelessly to help elect all Republican Senators, whether they are likely to support me or not.
3. I will never surprise you with legislation and ask that you vote on something you haven’t had an opportunity to review.
4. I will always work to be transparent with each of you and to bring the conference together.
5. I will work with each of you to advance Republican priorities and, when possible, force Democrats to vote on our bills.
6. I will lead the conference in developing a positive, aspirational agenda that outlines our legislative goals and what Senate Republicans stand for.
7. I will engage with the Republican House to pass Republican priorities.
8. I will never pressure you to vote in a way that is counter to what you campaigned on or not in the best interests of your state.
Senator Scott stated that he is “deeply disappointed by the outcome of the recent election” and promised to engage with the Republican House to pass Republican priorities.
“Unfortunately, we have continued to elect leadership who refuses to do that and elicits attacks on anyone that does. That is clearly not working and it’s time for bold change. The voters are demanding it,” stated Senator Scott.
According to the White House spokesperson Andrew Bates, “Rick Scott’s candidacy further reveals congressional Republicans’ extreme, anti-middle class true colors. “
He hit out at Senator Scott by saying, “Rick Scott’s values are the true face of congressional Republicans – regardless of what happens today. It’s fitting that the person who epitomizes Hill Republicans’ intentions to gut Medicare and Social Security oversaw the biggest Medicare fraud in American history.”
US State Department Spokesperson Matthew Miller Addresses Kosovo Prime Minister Kurti’s Accusations, Violent Clashes, And Excessive Force Concerns
During today’s press briefing, Matthew Miller, a spokesperson for the United States State Department, answered questions from The Pavlovic Today about Kosovo Prime Minister Kurti’s accusations against EU officials, violent clashes in Kosovo, and concerns of excessive force. Here are the key points: THE PAVLOVIC TODAY: Gabriel Escobar in an interview with The Pavlovic Today told…Keep reading
Secretary of State Antony Blinken has issued a statement condemning the violent attacks on the Kosovo Police near the Banjska Monastery, which occurred on September 24. In his statement, Blinken expressed “strong condemnation” for the incident and extended “deep condolences” to the family of the Kosovo Police sergeant who died. “The perpetrators of this crime…Keep reading