Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. – one roll call vote:
1. Cloture on Executive Calendar #585, Rachael Rollins to be United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts.
At approximately 2:15 p.m. – two roll call votes:
1. Confirmation of the Rollins nomination.
2. Cloture on Executive Calendar #482, Michael Smith to be Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
At approximately 5:15 p.m. – one roll call vote:
1. Confirmation of the Smith nomination.
We also anticipate the Senate to consider S.J.Res.29, providing for congressional disapproval regarding COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Additional roll call votes are expected during today’s session.
Cloture has been filed on the following:
1. Motion to concur in the House amendment to S.610, vehicle for debt ceiling track/Pay-Go/Medicare fix.
2. Executive Calendar #486 Lucy Koh to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
3. Executive Calendar #533 Jennifer Sung to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
4. Executive Calendar #576 Samantha Elliott to be United States District Judge for the District of New Hampshire.
more from the pavlovic today
President Biden “fulfilled a deeply important promise to bring Brittney Griner home to a family that loves, a team that misses her, and a country that marveled at her strength and courage,” stated White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre in press briefing on Thursday. Olympic athlete Brittney Griner was released from the Russian penal colony…Keep reading
President Biden will announce $36 billion for the Central States Pension Fund today. The measure is designed to prevent drastic pension cuts for over 350,000 union workers and retirees. “These workers paid into the fund for years or even decades, and faced cuts through no fault of their own,” stated the White House. The Pension…Keep reading
EST9:00 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing12:15 PM President Biden and VP Harris dine together2:10 PM President Biden delivers remarks on building a stronger economy for union workers and retirees Briefing Schedule12:30 PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-PierreKeep reading
On Wednesday, Matt Hancock announced that he would not stand for the Conservatives in the next election. Former Health Secretary and the West Suffolk MP who recently went to Australia to film ITV’s I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! , sent a letter to PM Rishi Sunak saying that he discovered a…Keep reading
Ksenija Pavlovic McAteer: The Biden White House has created an unequal class system among White House journalists
The Pavlovic Today is to be excluded from the White House Christmas party for the press on December 13, 2022 despite a request for admittance. The current occupants of the White House espouse equality, equity and fairness at every opportunity but as we see here they just don’t practice it. The unashamed hypocrisy is breathtaking.…Keep reading