President Trump speaks on Roy Moore, Al Franken, and Congressional records on assault.
- Mr. President, are you ready to talk about Roy Moore at all?
Trump: Yeah, I’ll be talking about him. I can tell you one thing for sure: We don’t need a liberal person in there, a Democrat — Jones. I’ve looked at his record. It’s terrible on crime. It’s terrible on the border. It’s terrible on the military. I can tell you for a fact, we do not need somebody that’s going to be bad on crime, bad on borders, bad with the military, bad for the Second Amendment.
- Is Roy Moore, a child molester, better than a Democrat?
Trump: Well, he denies it. Look, he denies it. I mean, if you look at what is really going on, and you look at all the things that have happened over the last 48 hours, he totally denies it. He says it didn’t happen. And, you know, you have to listen to him also. You’re talking about, he said 40 years ago this did not happen. So, you know —
- Are you going to campaign for Roy Moore?
Trump: I’ll be letting you know next week. But I can tell you, you don’t need somebody who’s soft on crime, like Jones.
- What is your message to women during this pivotal moment in our country where we’re talking about sexual misconduct? You’ve had your own allegations against you. What do you say to women?
Trump: Let me just tell you, Roy Moore denies it. That’s all I can say. He denies it. And, by the way, he totally denies it.
- Mr. President, what is your message to women? This is a pivotal moment in our nation’s history.
Trump: Women are very special. I think it’s a very special time because a lot of things are coming out, and I think that’s good for our society, and I think it’s very, very good for women. And I’m very happy a lot of these things are coming out, and I’m very happy it’s being exposed.
- Should Al Franken resign now?
Trump: I don’t know — look, I don’t want to speak for Al Franken. I don’t know what happened.
- What about John Conyers?
Trump: I just heard about Conyers two minutes ago. As far as Franken is concerned, he’s going to have to speak for himself. I’d rather have him speak for himself.
Read also: Trump Says He Had A Great Call With Vladimir Putin