The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. and following Leader remarks, will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #195, Kenneth Polite to be an Assistant Attorney General.
At 11:30 a.m. – 2 roll call votes:
- Cloture on the Polite nomination.
- Cloture on the nomination of Jennifer Abruzzo to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board. If cloture is invoked on the Abruzzo nomination, the confirmation vote will occur at a time to be determined on Wednesday.
Following the Abruzzo cloture vote, the Senate will recess until 2:15 p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
At approximately 2:30 p.m. – 1 roll call vote:
- Confirmation of the Polite nomination.
Expected later this afternoon – 2 roll call votes:
1. Toomey amendment #2121 (re: appropriations/point of order) (simple majority threshold)
2. Passage of H.R.1652, VOCA (60 vote threshold)
During Monday’s session, Majority Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following:
1. Executive Calendar #142, Bonnie Jenkins to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security.
2. Motion to proceed to H.R.3684, INVEST in America Act (vehicle for the bipartisan infrastructure framework).