Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #567, Jessica Rosenworcel, of Connecticut, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission. At approximately 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on cloture on the Rosenworcel nomination.
Cloture has been filed on the following nominations:
· Executive Calendar #567, Jessica Rosenworcel, of Connecticut, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission.
· Executive Calendar #480, Dierdre Hamilton, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the National Mediation Board.
· Executive Calendar #513, Chris Magnus, of Arizona, to be Commissioner of US Customs and Border Protection.
During today’s session:
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #463 Brian Eddie Nelson, of California, to be Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Crimes; confirmed: 50-49.
2. Motion to discharge Rachael S. Rollins, of Massachusetts, to be United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts; agreed to: 50-47.
3. Marshall-Lee amendment #4868 (defund vaccine mandates); not agreed to: 48-50.
4. Passage of H.R.6119, continuing resolution to 2/18/22 (60-vote threshold); passed: 69-28.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place S.3299, to prohibit the Department of Defense from discharging or withholding pay or benefits from members of the National Guard based on COVID–19 vaccination status.
Confirmed by voice vote the following nominations:
Executive Calendar #438, C.B. Sullenberger III, of Texas, for the rank of Ambassador during his tenure of service as Representative of the United States of America on the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
Executive Calendar #543, Larry D. Turner, of North Carolina, to be Inspector General, Department of Labor.
Executive Calendar #544, Sandra D. Bruce, of Delaware, to be Inspector General, Department of Education.