Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
The Senate adjourned at 7:57 p.m.
On Thursday, July 15, the Senate will reconvene at 10:00 a.m. to resume consideration of the nomination of J. Nellie Liang to be Under Secretary of the Treasury.
At 11:00 a.m. the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Liang nomination and also vote on confirmation of the nomination of David Remy to be Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
At 1:45 p.m., the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Tiffany Cunningham to be U.S. Circuit Court Judge for Illinois.
During today’s session:
- Agreed to 53-47, motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #121 Jocelyn Samuels be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for a term expiring July 1, 2026.
- Agreed to 53-47 , motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #120 Seema Nanda to be Solicitor for the Department of Labor.
- Confirmed 52-47, the nomination of Jocelyn Samuels to be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for a term expiring July 1, 2026. (Reappointment).
- Confirmed 53-46, the nomination of Seema Nanda to be Solicitor for the Department of Labor.
Agreed to 72-27, motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of J. Nellie Liang to be Under Secretary of the Treasury.
- Agreed to 90-8, motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of David Remy to be Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
- Passed, S.65, Ensure that goods made with the labor force in the Xinjiang Uyghur region do not enter the country.
- Agreed to S. Res. 107, Sense of the Senate relating to the 10th anniversary of the March 11, 2011, Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan.
- Agreed to S. Res. 289, Designating June 2021 National Post Traumatic Stress Awareness Month and June 27, 2021, as National Stress Awareness Day.
- Senator Schumer announced an agreement regarding H.R. 1652-Crime Victims Bill. At a time TBD there will be two hours of debate on the bill with only the Toomey amend #2121 be the only amendment in order. There will be a 60 vote affirmative threshold for passage.
more from the pavlovic today
EST 9:30 AM President Biden receives the President’s Daily Brief 12:00 PM President Biden arrives at the White House Briefing Schedule 2:15 PM ?Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and National Economic Council Director Brian DeeseKeep reading
I was still right. That’s how Liz Truss is looking to make herself politically relevant again. In a 4000 article for the Sunday Telegraph, the former Prime Minster attacked her successor Rishi Sunak for making “detrimental” economic decisions. In her lengthy column, she managed to blame everyone but herself for the epic fail and the havoc her misguided…Keep reading
EDT8:30 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing1:00 PM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews 1:20 PM President Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Philadelphia International Airport2:00 PM President Biden arrives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania …Keep reading
Brazilian President Luis Inácio Lula da Silva is coming to the White House on Friday, February 10. The scheduled meeting between Biden and Lula coincides with Jair Bolsonaro’s recent request for a 6-month US visa extension. Brazil’s former head of state fled to the US two days before Lula was officiated as President. Many accused…Keep reading