Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to Calendar #137, H.R.5305, continuing resolution to December 3rd.
At 5:30 p.m., the cloture motion on the motion to proceed will ripen and the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture.
Monday, September 27th at 5:30pm – 1 roll call vote:
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Calendar #137, H.R.5305, CR through December 3rd
The Senate has reached an agreement that at a time and in an order to be determined this week, the Senate vote on confirmation of the following nominations with 1 hour of debate prior to each vote:
1. Executive Calendar #333, Karen Erika Donfried, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (European Affairs and Eurasian Affairs).
2. Executive Calendar #324, Monica P. Medina, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs).
3. Executive Calendar #331, Mary Catherine Phee, of Illinois, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (African Affairs).
4. Executive Calendar #240, Todd D. Robinson, of New Jersey, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs).
5. Executive Calendar #334, Jessica Lewis, of Ohio, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Political-Military Affairs).
more from the pavlovic today
The Sunday Times published a leaked document from December 2020, advising then Prime Minister Boris Johnson to “no longer ask Richard Sharp’s advice about your personal financial matters.” According to the memo, officials warned Johnson in December 2020. Sharp, the second largest shareholder in Oncimmune and Johnson’s preferred candidate, was appointed the BBC Chairman in…Keep reading
John Healey, Labour MP and Shadow Defense Secretary, told Sky News that the West is doing “much of what Ukraine is asking for” regarding financial and military support. Talking to Sky News, Healey said that Germany’s recent decision to send 14 Leopards and two tanks to Ukraine “allows other countries to move together to support…Keep reading
EST 9:00 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing 11:40 PM President Biden departs the White House en route Springfield, Virginia 2:45 PM President Biden delivers remarks on our economic progress since taking office 5:30 PM President Biden hosts a Lunar New Year ReceptionKeep reading
On Wednesday, President Joe Biden announced that the US would send 31 M-1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine.In the past several weeks, the government resisted sending Abrams to Ukraine, given the machine’s unique supply chain needs and the technicality demanded from tankers to operate it. During today’s press briefing John Kirby from the National Security Council…Keep reading
In his remarks from the Roosevelt Room on Wednesday, President Biden announced the US would send 31 M-1 Abrams tanks to Ukraine. “They need an enduring capability to deter and defend from Russian aggression,” said Biden. The President said the US would give Ukraine the parts and training needed to use the M1 Abrams. “Delivering…Keep reading