The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m., and following any Leader remarks, will resume consideration of H.R.4521,, the “America COMPETES Act”.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., the Senate is expected to proceed to two roll call votes related to HR 4521:
1. Cloture on the substitute amendment. (#5002)
2. Passage of H.R.4521, subject to an affirmative 60-vote threshold.
Cloture has been filed on the following nominations:
1. Nani Coloretti to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget.
2. Eliot Kang to be an Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Non-Proliferation.
The Senate completed the Rule 14 process to place the following bills directly on the Calendar:
1. (H.R.4373) Appropriations for the Department of State and foreign operations for FY 2023.
2. (H.R.7108) A bill to suspend normal trade relations treatment for the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus.
3. (H.R.6968) A bill to prohibit the importation of energy products of the Russian Federation.