Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
What it takes to be courageous? Find out in these simple 12 steps.
Being courageous is not hard. It is the first step that we can’t seem to take that scares us. It is all new. It is different; it goes against those inner fears that want us to stay put and don’t change a thing; against self-preservation instincts signaling that a great predator is out there to get us.
What is out there that you should be afraid of? In most cases – nothing. It is fear itself that actually scares us.
- Being courageous doesn’t mean you are not to feel any fear. Nobody is fearless. Fear is healthy mechanism for self-preservation.
- Being courageous is facing your fears and acknowledging them.
- Acting despite those fears – don’t let yourself get paralyzed. Move. Courage is a muscle and it has to be used.
- Most fears are there just to guard ourselves – almost every new and different thing is interpreted as undesirable by our mind. “Change is not good,” our brain tells us. We are conditioned to pursue familiar and comfortable even when “new and different” is much better than the known.
- Stepping forward over those comfort zone borderlines brings personal growth – you’ll learn something about yourself; you will experience new things and open your horizons. You will definitely be proud of yourself for being brave.
- Being courageous is sticking through uncomfortable situations and feelings.
- It is speaking from your heart, acting from your guts – speak your truth and live your life the way you desire.
- It is being accountable for what you say and do – stand your ground when you believe in something and be open enough to hear others and change your opinion in the light of new knowledge.
- Courage is making decisions and facing the outcomes.
- It is standing up for those who look up to you, for those you can protect and for those who depend on you.
- Courage is opening your heart to emotions and new experiences.
- It is having faith in yourself, in people and in life itself.
The ultimate courage is you taking the first step – everything else will follow.
more from the pavlovic today
Ksenija Pavlovic McAteer: The Biden White House has created an unequal class system among White House journalists
The Pavlovic Today is to be excluded from the White House Christmas party for the press on December 13, 2022 despite a request for admittance. The current occupants of the White House espouse equality, equity and fairness at every opportunity but as we see here they just don’t practice it. The unashamed hypocrisy is breathtaking.…Keep reading
President Biden defended this morning his decision to go to Arizona, a border state, but not to visit the border. “There are more important things going on,” said Biden. He then spoke about the today’s visit to TSMC, a Taiwanese company investing in the manufacture of cutting-edge chips in Arizona.”They’re going to invest billions of…Keep reading
EST8:45 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing 9:25 AM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews 9:45 AM President Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Phoenix, ArizonaJoint Base Andrews MST12:40 PM President Biden arrives in Maricopa County, Arizona 1:30 PM President Biden tours TSMC 2:00 PM President Biden discusses how his economic…Keep reading
White House Slams Kevin McCarthy And Senate GOP Leadership For Not Defending The Constitution Over Trump’s Remarks
Kevin McCarthy and Senate GOP leadership have been “largely silent” about Trump’s statement about “terminating” the Constitution, and the White House is not pleased. This afternoon, White House spokesperson Andrew Bates shared his political grievances by hitting out at the Republicans for dodging reporters over Trump’s remarks. Following the Twitter Files release, Trump said, “A…Keep reading
Today’s press briefing with the White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre is set to start at 2:30 pm EST. Watch live in the player below.Keep reading