Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
On Thursday, the White House announced a report on the impact that vaccination requirements have had on the country. Overall, vaccine requirements have allowed vaccination rates to go up, the economy to improve, and people to return to their job in a safe environment. According to the White House official, “Biden is implementing vaccination requirements for 100 million workers – two-thirds of all workers in the U.S.”
In July, Biden made his first announcement regarding the vaccination requirements for workers in the US:
- All employees of the federal executive branch and the military must be vaccinated.
- All federal contractors must be vaccinated.
- All businesses with 100 or more employees must require their workers to be fully
vaccinated or get tested weekly.
- All workers in healthcare with Medicare or Medicaid funding must be fully vaccinated.
All head educators, teachers, and staff of a federally run school must be fully vaccinated.
Since these requirements were set in stone, over 100 million Americans had to receive the vaccine. This drove up vaccination rates, made communities safer, and helped strengthen the economy.
Now, Biden is planning in the weeks ahead for these jobs and organizations to make the vaccine a requirement:
- The Department of Labor and OSHA with 100 or more workers.
- Procter & Gamble
- Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman (aerospace and defense companies).
So far, Gallup has reported that six in 10 US adults are in favor of the vaccination requirements that are being placed. However, that means 4 in 10 US adults are against the idea of vaccination requirements.
So, what are the benefits of making vaccine requirements according to the WH report?
- Vaccination requirements result in an increased vaccination rate: vaccination requirements have cut the number of unvaccinated Americans by one-third and have helped to save lives.
- Vaccination requirements help the economy: by increasing the vaccination rates, up to five million workers will be able to return to the labor force.
- Vaccination requirements are becoming standard across all sectors: more than 3,500 organizations are already making vaccinations a requirement.
- Vaccination requirements have been seen as the most safe and effective way to influence the rest of the US to get vaccinated. By doing this, we may be able to rid the pandemic and get the country back to normal.
more from the pavlovic today
EST 9:30 AM President Biden receives the President’s Daily Brief 12:00 PM President Biden arrives at the White House Briefing Schedule 2:15 PM ?Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and National Economic Council Director Brian DeeseKeep reading
I was still right. That’s how Liz Truss is looking to make herself politically relevant again. In a 4000 article for the Sunday Telegraph, the former Prime Minster attacked her successor Rishi Sunak for making “detrimental” economic decisions. In her lengthy column, she managed to blame everyone but herself for the epic fail and the havoc her misguided…Keep reading
EDT8:30 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing1:00 PM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews 1:20 PM President Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Philadelphia International Airport2:00 PM President Biden arrives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania …Keep reading
Brazilian President Luis Inácio Lula da Silva is coming to the White House on Friday, February 10. The scheduled meeting between Biden and Lula coincides with Jair Bolsonaro’s recent request for a 6-month US visa extension. Brazil’s former head of state fled to the US two days before Lula was officiated as President. Many accused…Keep reading