Get The Pavlovic Today’s top stories and best reads.
- President Biden, wearing a blue suit and trademark aviators, was spotted entering the motorcade at 12:23 pm.
- The motorcade departed the White House on this beautiful, crisp Autumn day at 12:27 pm.
- Biden is headed toward Howard Theatre where he is expected to deliver remarks about abortion.
- The motorcade arrived at the Howard Theater at 12:32 pm. A good-sized crowd turned out and the floor is packed. Supporters are in the balcony as well. Supporters holding signs that say “Restore Roe” and “Defend Choice” and “Elect Democrats” are to his left and right on stage.
- Biden was introduced by Dr. Jennifer Villavicencio, an OBGYN. He began speaking at 12:44 pm. He opened by saying “we’re only 22 days away from the most consequential election in our history.”
- The event has been live-streamed on the Biden campaign’s social media channels.
- In his speech, Biden promised that if Democrats control the Congress next year, he will work to codify abortion rights. “Here is the promise I make to you and the American people, the first bill I’ll send to Congress is to codify Roe v Wade,” he said.
- Earlier in his speech, Biden said that, in Dobbs, SCOTUS “practically dared” women to turn out and vote. He predicted that those voters would turn out in support of Democrats. He reiterated his argument that the Dobbs case endangers other established rights like gay marriage and access to contraception.
- Biden said of Sen. Lindsey Graham’s proposed abortion ban that, if it ever makes it to his desk, “I’ll veto it.” He mentioned also his infrastructure bill, gun control, student debt amnesty, and marijuana pardons.
- Biden said abortion rights do not rest with the Supreme Court anymore. Instead, he told the crowd, the issue is up to Congress and “the final say about your right to choose rests with you.”
- Remarks concluded at 12:57 with Biden shaking hands and taking selfies with supporters on stage.
On Tuesday evening, about 120 Conservative MPs flocked into No 10 to watch the England v Wales game. Inside, the flags of England and Wales were displayed on either side of the giant TV. Snacks and drinks were served. MPs stood and joined in singing the national anthem before the game. MPs representing English and…Keep reading
Incoming House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, elected by acclamation, held his first press conference on Wednesday. He opened by calling Pelosi the “extraordinary speaker for the ages.” Jeffries, born in Brooklyn in a middle-class and working-class family is the first Black man to lead a major party in either chamber of Congress. He said that one…Keep reading
EST 9:00 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing 11:05 AM President Biden departs the White House en route the White House Tribal Nations Summit11:30 AM President Biden delivers remarks at the White House Tribal Nations Summit12:15 PM President Biden departs the White House Tribal Nations Summit en route the White House 12:20 PM President Biden arrives at the White House 5:30 PM The First…Keep reading
more from the pavlovic today
On Tuesday, Congressional leaders of both parties spoke to reporters outside the West Wing following their meeting with President Biden. Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi were the first ones to address the press . “All four of us agreed we’ve got to resolve this rail shutdown as quickly as possible,” Schumer said. “I don’t like…Keep reading
It’s that time of year again. On Monday, I walked through the White House gates for the First Lady’s Christmas decoration reveal. An annual White House press tradition, filled with history, holiday songs, and thousands of sparkling lights. The grand entrance at the East Wing Lobby opened with “We the People” holiday experience with bells…Keep reading
EST 11:55 AM President Biden departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews 12:25 PM President Biden departs Joint Base Andrews en route Freeland, Michigan 2:05 PM President Biden arrives in Freeland, Michigan 2:35 PM President Biden tours the SK SiltronCSS facility …Keep reading
In April of 1926, world representatives met in Paris and wrote the 1926 Paris International Convention Relative To Motor Traffic. Following the end of WWII, as many more people worldwide started to travel internationally, it became clear that the terms of the 1926 Paris convention needed to be updated. In 1949, delegates met in Geneva and…Keep reading
EST 10:30 AM President Biden receives the Presidential Daily Briefing 1:30 PM President Biden hosts a congratulatory visit with 2022 Nobel Prize Winners from the United States Briefing Schedule 2:30 PM Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John KirbyKeep reading