As of today, 300 million shots have been administered to the American public in 150 days. COVID-19 cases and deaths have decreased to an all-time low of 90%, and America is continuing to gain back strength as the virus diminishes.
In January 2021, only 5% of adults had received at least one of their vaccines. At this rate, the White House COVID response team had estimated that it would take at least a year to get 300 million individuals vaccinated. However, by being transparent and giving the public the information they needed, we have gone from 5% vaccinated to 300 million people vaccinated in just five months.
“The good, the bad, and the truth is that deaths and hospitalizations are drastically down in places where people are getting vaccinated,” said President Biden during a press briefing. “But unfortunately, cases of hospitalizations are not going down in many places, and the lower vaccination states are actually going up in some places.” Biden continued to say how we need lower vaccination states to receive the vaccine to continue to see a drop in cases.
Here are the 300 million individuals who received their vaccine
– 65% of adult Americans have received at least one shot.
– 55% of adult Americans are fully vaccinated.
– 87% of seniors have received at least one shot.
– 74% of adults over the age of 40 have received at least one shot.
– 15 states, and Washington DC, have at least 70% of adults vaccinated with one shot.
– 26 states, and Washington DC, have more than 50% of adults fully vaccinated.
Getting 300 million individuals vaccinated in just five months was no easy task. It took a lot of effort to be more transparent to the public about the truth regarding COVID-19 and the vaccine. However, these efforts are why we are able to get back to an old normal.
– Securing enough supplies for all Americans: by receiving more vaccines for all Americans to have the chance to get vaccinated, we were able to get shots into arms a lot quicker.
– Mobilizing Americans to get shots in arms: by having over 2,500 federal staff members and 5,100 active duty members aiding in the vaccination process, we have been able to get COVID-19 to an all-time low.
On top of having supplies and more individuals supporting the process of getting vaccinated, we have also been able to expand the locations to receive the vaccine. Now, receiving your vaccine is easier than ever before. In fact, 90% of Americans have access to a shot within 5 miles of where they live. How? By expanding to over 81,000 vaccination sites, everyone has the opportunity to receive a vaccine.
– Federal pharmacy vaccination program: 42,000 local pharmacies have administered more than 82 million shots in arms. More than 75% of these pharmacies are offering to administer shots with no appointment. In fact, 5,600 pharmacies will have extended hours on Fridays within the month of June.
– 39 federally-run vaccination sites in 27 states: vaccination sites have been implemented in vulnerable areas in America.
– Community health center vaccination program: 1,100 community health centers have administered almost 5 million shots. 60% of individuals that these community centers serve are individuals of racial/ethnic minority groups.
-Reaching out to small communities: the Biden Administration has provided more than $4 billion to state and local health agencies, as well as national, community, and faith-based organizations.
Now, the virus is continuing to dial down in numbers every day. Getting vaccinated has never been easier, and more people are continuing to receive their vaccines so that they can be protected from COVID-19 and enjoy the summer. So will you receive your vaccine?