It’s easy to neglect those we love in the fast-paced world of today, but love and affection is what keeps us going and motivates us through the hard parts of our lives, and should always be a priority! Read on for a list of things to do to show love to those you care about.
- Surround yourself with friends’ and family’s memorabilia – let those remind you of the people you care about. It will also make you feel more loved and connected.
- Keep them in – Ask them how they are, how they feel and listen. Share your thoughts with them; don’t let it slide, because thought by thought you will drift apart if you don’t let them in.
- Find the time to see them face to face, and by that I mean no FaceTime!
- Remember birthdays and other special dates – even if you don’t and you realize it days later again call or write. Create a birthday calendar with an alert.We all have busy lives and remembering somebody’s birthday against your crazy schedule means a lot. It will show that you care.
- Let them know how important they are to you – we all need to feel loved and appreciated, and so do you friends and family members. Tell them! Write a letter. Choose your words.
- Surprise them – show up when they think you will not be able to be there for them; send a card or small gift or at least text for no other reason but to let them know how much you care.
- Just pick up the phone and call them!
When did you last time show love to those you care about? What did you do to let them know how important they are to you? What did you do to surprise them? Share your experience with us!