Yesterday, the Senate adjourned at 6:05 p.m.
Today it will reconvene at 10:30 a.m.. They will be in morning business until 1:30 p.m. and will then proceed to Executive Session to vote on the nomination of Jill Hruby to be Under Secretary for Nuclear Security.
During yesterday’s session:
- Confirmed 51-50 (VP Tie break), Executive Calendar #246 Jennifer Ann Abruzzo to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board for a term of four years.
- Agreed to 52-48, motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #142 Bonnie D. Jenkins to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security.
- Confirmed 52-48, Executive Calendar #142 Bonnie D. Jenkins to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Not agreed to, 49-51, Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Cal. #100, H.R.3684, the legislative vehicle for the bipartisan infrastructure bill.
- Agreed to, S. Res. 309 (support for the pledge of allegiance)
- Passed, S. 89, Require the Secretary of Veterans’ Affairs to secure Medical Opinions for Veterans with service-connected disabilities who died from Covid-19
- Passed, S. 189, cost of living adjustments for disability and compensation for veterans
- Passed, S. 894, Identify and refer members of the armed forces with a health care occupation who are separating from the armed forces for potential employment with the VA
- Passed, S. 1910, authorize major medical facility projects for the VA for 2021
- Agreed to, S. Res. 139, recognizing the importance of the blueberry industry and July 2021 is National Blueberry Month
- Agreed to, S. Res. 274, July 24, 2021 as National Day of the Cowboy