The Senate adjourned at 5:56 a.m. on Wednesday morning. It will next convene for Pro Forma sessions only on the following dates and times:
Friday August 13th at 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday August 17th at 9:30 a.m.
Friday August 20th at 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday August 23rd at 8:30 a.m.
Friday August 27th at 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday August 31st at 10:30 a.m.
Friday September 3rd at 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday September 7th at 1:00 p.m.
Friday September 10th at 12:00 noon
Next convene for business on Monday September 13th at 3:00 p.m. with a cloture vote at 5:30 p.m. on the nomination of James Kvall to be Under Secretary of Education.
The Senate conducted 45 votes between Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.
The first vote was final passage of the infrastructure package, which was agreed to by a tally of 69-30.
19 Republicans voted yes: Blunt, Burr, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cramer, Crapo, Fischer, Graham, Grassley, Hoeven, McConnell, Murkowski, Portman, Risch, Romney, Sullivan, Tillis, and Wicker. Senator Rounds did not vote.
Including the motion to proceed, there were 43 votes in relation to and adoption of S. Con Res 14, the budget resolution, which was adopted on a party line tally of 50-49.
The Senate then discharged S.1 from the Rules Committee, also on a party line tally of 50-49.
Majority Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following:
- James Kvaal to be Under Secretary of Education
- David Estudillo to be a District Judge for the Western District of Washington
- Angel Kelly to be a District Judge for Massachusetts
- Veronica Rossman to be a Circuit Judge for the Tenth Circuit
- Motion to proceed to S. 2093, regarding voting rights.
The following nominations were confirmed en bloc by voice vote: Executive Calender nominations: 268, 321, 189, 247, 267, 270, 344, 301, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299.
The following resolutions were adopted by unanimous consent:
- S Res 353, designating August 2021 as National Catfish month
- S Res 354, celebrating the 100th anniversary of military aviation in Indiana.