The Senate adjourned on Saturday at 7:26 p.m. and will next convene on Sunday August 8th at 12:00 noon. At that time, following any leader remarks will resume consideration of H.R. 3684, the infrastructure bill.
Absent any agreements, the votes on the Sinema-Portman substitute amendment and cloture on the underlying bill would begin at approximately 7:15 p.m.
The Senate conducted two roll call votes on Saturday:
1. Cloture was invoked on the Sinema-Portman substitute amendment, 67-27 with the following Republicans joining in favor: Senators Blunt, Capito, Cassidy, Collins, Cornyn, Cramer, Crapo, Fischer, Grassley, Hoeven, McConnell, Murkowski, Portman, Risch, Romney, Rounds, Tillis & Young. Not voting: 4 Republicans: Barrasso, Burr, Graham, Rubio, Scott (SC); one Democrat: Warnock.
2. The nomination of Eunice Lee to be a circuit judge for the second circuit was confirmed on a party line vote of50-47, with 3 Republicans not voting: Blackburn, Graham and Rubio.
The following nominations/legislation were confirmed/passed in wrap up:
· Bryan Newland to be an Assistant Secretary of Interior
· Carlos Toro to be Secretary of the Navy
· Christopher Maier to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense
· S Res 343, paying respect to former Senator Mike Gravel on his passing.