President Biden held a video call with Putin where he discussed a range of issues on the U.S.-Russia agenda.
- According to the White House, President Biden voiced the deep concerns of the United States and European Allies about Russia’s escalation of forces surrounding Ukraine.
- According to the White House, Biden made clear that “the U.S. and our Allies would respond with strong economic and other measures in the event of military escalation.”
- President Biden reiterated his support for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. He called for de-escalation and a return to diplomacy.
- The two presidents tasked their teams to follow up, and the U.S. will do so in close coordination with allies and partners, the White House confirmed.
- Biden and Putin discussed the U.S.-Russia dialogue on Strategic Stability.
- They also had a separate dialogue on ransomware, as well as joint work on regional issues such as Iran.
Biden’s video call with Putin ran two hours and one minute.